Hello, would you like some very simple general tips for losing weight without going on a diet?
If you follow them you should be able to lose a stone by Easter, and you only need to eat about 250 fewer calories a day and burn about 250 calories a day more – which you should be able to do by making a few small changes to your lifestyle.
- Firstly, start the day well. Porridge and semi-skimmed milk is always a good choice – or have some wholegrain cereal topped with natural yogurt and fresh fruit, or wholemeal toast, wilted spinach and a poached egg.
- Eat slowly! Speed eating can contribute to unhealthy cravings and being overweight.
- Quench any desire for something sweet after a meal by brushing your teeth.
- Change to smaller plates and bowls.
- Swap white, highly processed bread, pasta and rice for wholemeal options.
- Get hot and sweaty! Start doing some vigorous exercise which raises your heart beat and body temperature. This will burn calories while you’re exercising but it will also increase the number of calories you burn the next day.
- Listen to your body and get to know whether you’re hungry, thirsty or just need a hug
- If three meals a day isn’t working for you and you find you’re hungry in-between meals, change to 5 smaller meals a day.
- Walk whenever possible. Ignore the buses, lifts and escalators.
- Try to manage any stress you’re under. Stress has been linked to food cravings for high-fat, high calorie foods
(see my blog How to Control Food Cravings at www.easiestwaylose10pounds.wordpress.com)
- Make sure you’re working all your muscle groups by doing a range of different activities . Try walking , swimming, cycling, jogging, etc
- Save calories and money by taking your own packed lunch to work
- Ensure you’re drinking enough – aim for about two and a half litres of water a day.
- Only weigh yourself once a week, at the same time of day on the same scales. A gradual weight loss of one and half pounds a week is ideal and soon adds up.
Well, I could go on and on but I’m sure you’ve read enough by now. If you do want more though, visit my website www.easiestwaylose10pounds.com and you’ll find information, advice, diets, exercises, recipes, articles and reviews. You can also sign up for my FREE weekly newsletters.
Good luck with losing weight. I really hope that some of these ideas will help you.
Keep in touch and let me know how you get on. There is a forum on my website, I’ll keep my eyes open for you.
Take care and best wishes